Archive

LOVECRAFT

At the end of 2009 the swine flu hit me really hard and I had to stay in bed for quite a long time. Because most of the German TV shows are really annoying I had to discover something new. Well, in this case the "new" was something old: The works of Howard Phillips Lovecraft. I loved to read his books when I was younger - and somehow I just forgot his great oeuvre. LPL records just published a whole series of his works as audiobooks. And to be honest: They are great! They didn't use the first speakers to come along but the German dubbing voices of Johnny Depp and Jack Nicholson. And so I spent days and nights in my bed listening to stories about Cthulhu and the Necronomicon ...



Photo: Lucius B. Truesdell/Arkham House


Image: Rafael Tavares/www.digitalmiasma.net

Audiobook by LPL